Salary: £40,000- £44,000 per annum dependent on experience
Package: Permanent. 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, Private Healthcare, Employee Assistance Helpline, Life Assurance. Voluntary Benefits: Group Pension Plan, Cycle to Work Scheme.
Our Values and Behaviours
Does the following describe you?
* A desire to provide great customer experience
* Enjoy and thrive in working in teams and with others
* Passionate about supporting the ongoing development of the Arboretum
* Come to work each day to be the best you can and to learn and develop
* An encourager, eager to share your knowledge and experience to help others
If so then we would like you hear from you ....
The Arboretum is looking for a successful and dynamic Head of Participation and Learning. Reporting to the Managing Director, responsibilities will include:
* The planning, development and implementation of the NMA’s participation and learning engagement strategies and programme to deliver organisation objectives on learning, visitor experience, visitor numbers and income.
* To develop existing audience participation and to develop new audiences, working with other Arboretum departments and the Royal British Legion to support lifelong learning about, and engagement with, Remembrance across its public programmes.
* To develop internal and external networks to increase the profile of the Arboretum and its participation and learning work and build strategic relationships with key partners, including academic institutions.
* To develop and motivate the participation and learning team of staff and volunteers, ensuring all team members understand their roles in supporting the organisation priorities.
* To prepare, monitor and manage annual budgets and operating plans for the Participation and Learning department and provide accurate reports as required by the Managing Director and Board of Trustees.
* As a member of the senior management team working with the Managing Director, to input into the strategic and operational development of the organisation as a whole..
You must have proven experience of working in a visitor attraction where you have successfully created learning participation activities and worked with young people; together with experience of managing people and projects. Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential, as are employee and stakeholder management skills. Attendance outside normal working hours will occasionally be required and the ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload will be essential.
How to Apply
Please apply here.
Closing date: 19 January 2020. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 11 February 2020