Comprising a mixture of traditional interpretation and interactive exhibits, this permanent exhibition will allow you to discover a variety of moving and fascinating stories providing the perfect introduction to the Arboretum and its rich collection of memorials and wildlife. You can:
- Surround yourself in the changing seasons in our 270 degree film drum as you travel through a year in the Arboretum, meeting a variety of fascinating people as you go.
- Walk through our digital path of leaves, revealing the poppy field beneath.
- Journey through a timeline of Remembrance.
- See how World War I provided a watershed in how we remember and the importance in the advent of The Royal British Legion in its capacity as custodians of Remembrance.
- Explore the symbolism in memorial design and learn how some of them came to be part of the National Memorial Arboretum.
- Design your own memorial landscape using a range of natural features, animals, symbols and trees.
- Share your story in our memory booth or simply let us know what you think about our very special site.
You May Also Like
Tea For II
3 April 2020 – 12 July 2020 Free Entry, Donations AppreciatedFIND OUT MORE
From 6 December 2019 Free Entry, Donations AppreciatedFIND OUT MORE
Memory Lane Café July
Our monthly reminiscence café, Memory Lane, will provide a forum for people living with dementia, th...FIND OUT MORE