Comprising a mixture of traditional interpretation and interactive exhibits, this permanent exhibition will allow you to discover a variety of moving and fascinating stories providing the perfect introduction to the Arboretum and its rich collection of memorials and wildlife. You can:
- Surround yourself in the changing seasons in our 270 degree film drum as you travel through a year in the Arboretum, meeting a variety of fascinating people as you go.
- Walk through our digital path of leaves, revealing the poppy field beneath.
- Journey through a timeline of Remembrance.
- See how World War I provided a watershed in how we remember and the importance in the advent of The Royal British Legion in its capacity as custodians of Remembrance.
- Explore the symbolism in memorial design and learn how some of them came to be part of the National Memorial Arboretum.
- Design your own memorial landscape using a range of natural features, animals, symbols and trees.
- Share your story in our memory booth or simply let us know what you think about our very special site.
You May Also Like
Mighty Oaks, Coiled Clay
By Mark Frith and Charlotte Barker 5 April - 23 June 2019 Free Entry, Donations AppreciatedFIND OUT MORE
D-Day: Vessels of Victory
Seventy five years since D-Day, we are remembering those who served by creating a growing artistic t...FIND OUT MORE
Be Part of Our Story
8 March – 27 May 2019 Free EntryFIND OUT MORE