We would be delighted to deliver training and/or host an INSET Day for you and your team.
A typical INSET Day would include:
- An allocated classroom available for the duration of the day
- An introduction to our site and explanation of the aims and objectives of the day
- A guide to accompany you to the outside areas with an introduction to the memorials there
- Time to develop activities, working individually or in teams
- An opportunity to present ideas to the group and to reflect on the development of the day. A member of staff would be present to answer any questions
The day gives teachers and trainee teachers the opportunity to think about how they might enhance learning outside of the classroom, use memorials and the outdoors. We have worked with school groups of all ages looking at History, Religious Studies, Philosophy and Ethics, Geography, Literacy, Art and Design and PHSE/Citizenship and are flexible to incorporate other subjects.
Refreshments and food are also available at a cost or simply visit our restaurant.
Alternatively, we would also be prepared to travel to you to deliver INSET and CPD sessions.
For more information, and to book, please contact the Learning Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also like
Alongside our daily programme of activity visiting groups can support their learning by attending on...FIND OUT MORE
Tell your Remembrance story through our huge photo-montage
Our new Remembrance Centre will open in autumn 2016 and will feature a fascinating exhibition on Rem...FIND OUT MORE
Veterans' memories inspire students' giant montage at the Arboretum
A giant montage, which was created by a group of Year 12 students from Aldridge School following int...FIND OUT MORE