Saturday 21 October - Sunday 29 October
There's a lot to explore and discover at the Arboretum; so much so that many visitors seldom visit the more hidden areas of the site where there's lots to see and find. Journey around the wider site this half term and drop in at our Discovery Shelters to try:
- Creepy Critters – Learn about some of the crawly critters which were found in the WWI trenches and make your own creepy creature to take home.
- Tales from the Trenches - Join our British Tommy to hear family-friendly eerie stories about the trenches of the First World War.
- Heartfelt Messages Art Project – Come and add your own Heartfelt message to our multi-sensory, WWI inspired origami installation.
- World War I Trench - Explore the living and working conditions of the soldiers who fought in WWI.
All above activities are FREE but donations are appreciated.
- World War I Explorer Backpacks - Grab a backpack filled with gadgets and tools to explore further our WWI memorials and learn more about life on the front line. Read a Tommy’s postcard to home and use the periscope to look for advancing troops from our WWI trench.
Cost £2.50 per child*
Please note a parent or guardian must supervise children at all times.
*A refundable £5 deposit is required.
You May Also Like
Carols by Candlelight
Join us in the beautiful winter surroundings of the National Memorial Arboretum for our annual Chris...FIND OUT MORE
World War I
In partnership with The Royal British Legion, the National Memorial Arboretum is commemorating the C...FIND OUT MORE
Christmas Group Visits
Join us this festive season to enjoy one of our special Christmas packages with your friends. Enjoy ...FIND OUT MORE